- Works the same in every environment.
- Can run an application in various browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE and Node.js.
- Lightweight API.
- Can include easily by using a script tag.
Easy to learn:
- Very easy to learn with some programming skills.
- Available on Github.
- Extremely fast.
- Resides inside the browser.
- No need to perform queries over the network.
- PouchDB uses WebSQL and IndexDB to store data and can save data locally while being offline.
- The stored data is synchronized with CouchDB and compatible servers when it is back online, thus the applications built can work both offline and online.
- The user thus can effortlessly communicate with both local and remote databases.