Spring MVC framework tutorial
Spring mvc framework provides the facility to build flexible and loosely coupled web applications. MVC stands for Model-View-Controller design pattern which separates the business logic, presentation logic and navigation logic.
Model: is responsible for encapsulating the application data (POJO).
View: is responsible for rendering the model data.
Controller: is responsible for receiving the user request, building model object and passing the model object to the view.
Spring MVC framework uses the DispatcherServlet class as the controller which is responsible for handling all the requests and responses.
Spring mvc framework execution flow:
• Receive the user request.
• Choose the controller with the help of HandlerMapping.
• Controller process the request by calling the appropriate service method and returns a ModeAndView object to the DispatcherServlet which contains the model data and view name.
• DispatcherServlet sends the view name to ViewResolver which sends the actual view to the DispatcherServlet.
• DispatcherServlet will pass the model data to the View and render response.